Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme - UK Working Holiday Visa
A foreigner can only enter into the UK in Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme. Such visa is known “Entry Clearance” (EC) in this visa sub-category is meant for foreigners who are out of the UK, giving a candidate the right to enter and stay in the UK for a specified time. A different entry visa is “Leave to Enter” (LE), which is given only after a foreigner has entered into the UK, if he is coming to the UK under a reason for which an EC cannot be issued.
Who Needs a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa?
This visa type is meant for citizens of Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zeeland, Hong Kong, Republic of Korea and Taiwan, or British Overseas Citizens, British Overseas Territories citizen or a British national of ages 18 to 30, who want to come to the UK to work and live temporarily .
A person who can apply this category must be of the a citizen of the following countries:
- New Zeeland
- Hong Kong
- Republic of Korea
- But also British nationals, British Overseas Citizens or British Overseas Territories Citizens.
A holder of a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme visa can enjoy benefits such as:
- Enroll in studies in the UK;
- Get almost any job;
- Be self-employed and launch a company (company premises must not be owned but rented, no employees, and the value of company equipment should be maximum £5,000)
The application for this visa category costs £235.
How to Apply For Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa?
You can apply for a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme visa in one single way. That is the initial visa application for Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme visa. This application is done when the candidate is out of the UK and wants to enter the country. In such case, they need to apply for an EC or LE in Tier 5 Temporary Worker.
Visa Requirements for Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme
A candidate applying for a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa, either an EC, LE or LR must be able to meet the following general criteria:
Yet, such candidate should fulfill particular criteria, as we will explain in the following parts.
Enter into the UK in Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa
A foreign person of the aforementioned situations who wants to enter into the UK to work and live for a short period in the UK, he must hold an EC in Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme.
Visa Requirements for EC or LR in Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme
A foreign person who is ready to apply for an EC as a Tier 4 Child Student visa is of the following situations:
- General requirements of application for a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Student visa
- 30 points for the right nationality as shown in the passport. The candidate must be a citizen or have a passport of Australia, Canada, Hong Kong – special administrative region, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Taiwan or South Korea or a British overseas citizen, British overseas territories citizen or British national (living out of the UK);
- 10 points for the required age (as shown in the passport). The candidate should be between the ages 18 and 30.
- 10 points for maintenance. The candidate should prove having at least £1,890 saved to cover costs of living and accommodation during his stay in the UK.
- Certificate of sponsorship from their home country – Only if coming from a country without a Deemed Sponsorship Status;
- Has no children living with them or financially dependent on them;
- Has never held a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa nor a Holiday-maker job;
- Has the Invitation to apply for the visa. If the candidate comes from a country which has a limited annual number of places to apply for this visa, then the candidate should have the invitation to apply and should make the application at the time displayed in such invitation.
How much can you stay in the UK with an EC Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa
EC in this visa category is issued only for 2 years.
Candidates for an EC in Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme must also meet the following criteria:
- Does not receive public funds of any type;
- Is registered with the police;
- Does not get a job as a professional sportsperson or as a sport trainer;
- Does not get a job as a doctor or dentist in training – Not including the case when the candidate has a degree in Medicine or Dentistry at the Bachelor level or higher issued by the UK Higher Education or other Tier 4 sponsor;
- Does not get a job as a doctor or dentist in training;
- Does not become self-employed – Not including the case when the candidate is not the owner of the business buildings, and when the value of business equipment are not higher than £5,000 and when there are no other employees.
- Meets the Condition to hold an Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) clearance certificate – For candidates aged 18-over when given a visa, or, who will become 18 before the end of the visa period;
Extending a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa
There is no possibility to extend this visa, which means that no one can apply for a LR in this visa category to stay beyond the existing EC or LE of a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme visa period.
Switching into Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa
There is no possibility to change any other visa into a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa.
Certificate of Sponsorship in Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa
If the candidate comes from a country or has a passport of a country which has not the Deemed Sponsorship Status, he must have the certificate of sponsorship given by such country in support to his visa application. In this case, the candidate must make the visa application only in his home country.
Candidates coming or holding passports of other countries with a Deemed Sponsorship Status are not required to have sponsorship by their country and they can apply for the visa from any place in the world by post.
- The certificate should not be older than 3 months;
- Should not be cancelled meanwhile
The annual distribution for Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme 2017
Places offered for 2017 by countries with Deemed Sponsorship Status:
- Australia – 35,500 places
- New Zealand – 13,000 places
- Canada – 5,500 places
- Japan – 1,000 places
- Monaco – 1,000 places
- Taiwan – 1,000 places
Places offered for 2017 by countries that have a Deemed Sponsorship Status:
- South Korea – 1,000 places
- Hong Kong – 1,000 places