The United Kingdom comprises ; England , Scotland , Wales and Northern Ireland. The United Kingdom is wonderfully tolerant, cosmopolitan and acceptingly of diversity. It is perhaps the most liberal of all nations. You will find information on the major cities to live in , how to rent property and where the major universities in the UK are located , how to find work in the UK, how to buy a car and general information of interest.
BizEnglish Academy is not sponsored by any company or city mentioned. This advice is purely based on our experience.
The United Kingdom 2020 population is estimated at 67,886,011 people at mid year according to UN data.
The United Kingdom population is equivalent to 0.87% of the total world population.
The U.K. ranks number 21 in the list of countries (and dependencies) by population.
The population density in the United Kingdom is 281 per Km2 (727 people per mi2).
The total land area is 241,930 Km2 (93,410 sq. miles)
83.2 % of the population is urban (56,495,180 people in 2020)
The median age in the United Kingdom is 40.5 years.
Please click onto any of the cities listed below to find out a little more about them
CITY NAME | POPULATION
- London 7,556,900
- Birmingham 984,333
- Sheffield 685,368
- Bristol 617,280
- Glasgow 591,620
- Edinburgh 464,990
- Leeds 455,123
- Cardiff 447,287
- Manchester 395,515
- Belfast 274,770
- Southampton 246,201
- Milton Keynes 229,941
- Newcastle upon Tyne 192,382
- Oxford 171,380
- Cambridge 158,434
- York 153,717
- Brighton 139,001
- Finding a property to buy or rent: Rightmove
- How to buy a car: Autotrader
- How to get your CV professionally made: TopCV
- Finding a job: Reeds and make sure that you have a LinkedIn profile
- How to register an NI (National Insurance) number: UK Gov Website
- How to convert your drivers license: UK Gov Website
- Best bank account to open, you don’t require a proof of address and its free: Monzo
- UK list of Universities: List